You are being invited to attend the Moors League Ability Gala @ Eston Leisure Centre on the 1st July 2017. If you wish to swim at the gala please return the attached entry form to a member of your coaching team. Clubs are requested to return SPORTSYS entry files by 19th June 2017 by 9.00pm and any Excel based entry forms by 16th June 2017 by 9.00pm.
The ability gala times are available on the Moors League Website http://moorsswimsquad.co.uk/documents/ability-times/. 25m and 50m events for all strokes are available alongside 100m IM and 200m Freestyle.
Swimmers should only enter races if they have a realistic chance of achieving bronze ability times.
This is an Moors League gala so CAT 1 and CAT 2 swimmers, including 8 year olds, can take part. The gala will be licensed to Level 4 for entry into Open and County level competitions.
- Meet to be held at Eston Leisure Centre – the Pool length is 25m
- 1st July 2017 – 1.30pm Warm Up for 2.00pm Start
- Electronic timing to be used
- 8years, 25m all strokes, 100m IM please note any swimmer accepted must have been ratified by the relevant club coach for each event, should this be found not to have occurred the swimmer shall be disqualified from all events and invalidated from all presentations.
- Open Events 25m all Strokes, 50m All strokes, 100m IM and 200m Freestyle
- All events are HDW
- Presentations are made based on the league ability times available on the website www.moorsswimsquad.co.uk
- Ages are as at 31st December 2017 (For Rankings Only)
- Only members of the Moors Swim Squad can attend the gala
- This includes members of Eston, Guisborough, Northallerton, Stokesley, Saltburn and Thornaby swimming clubs
- Heats will be seeded according to submitted times
- Session Length will be 30mins warm up time. 3.5 hours Session Length
- For safety reasons only swimmers who can perform an ASA competitive start may perform a shallow racing dive from the starting blocks.
- Anyone wishing to use photographic equipment within the pool area must register at the spectators’ desk beforehand
- Where possible, over-the-top starts will be used during the meet. Swimmers are requested to remain in the water until asked to leave the pool
- Should the meet become over subscribed swimmers will be rejected fastest first
- Any points not covered here will be at the discretion of the meet organisers
- £1.50 Per event.
- Event order:
|Event Number 1 – 25m Fly|
|Event Number 2 – 50m Breaststroke|
|Event Number 3 – 25m Backstroke|
|Event Number 4 – 50m Butterfly|
|Event Number 5 – 4 x 1 Individual Medley|
|Event Number 6 – 25m Breaststroke|
|Event Number 7 – 50m Freestyle|
|Event Number 8 – 25m Freestyle|
|Event Number 9 – 50m Backstroke|
|Event Number 10 – 200m Freestyle|