Please find below the invite for the Moors League Individuals Gala October 22nd October 2016. This Gala will be held at Eston Leisure Centre with a 1.30pm warm up.
This gala is only open to those who have competed in the Moors League this season. In addition those who are 8year old can also attend.
Swimmers can only swim two strokes with an additional 100m IM
25m for 8yrs and 9/10yrs
50m for 11/12yrs, 13/14yrs, 15/16yrs and 17yrs+ (Open)
All swimmers who have taken part in the Moors League this season should take part. Swimmers who are ages 8
Entry deadline to return to Greg Ient (using Sportsys entry file) is 15/10/2016 by 9pm – for excel entries clubs to return files by 13/10/2016. Clubs will arrange their own internal deadlines to meet this requirement. Entries and programmes will be processed after this time.
Cost is £2.00 per event
Moors Swim Squad
- Meet to be held at Eston Leisure Centre – the Pool length is 25m
- Electronic Timing to be used
- Only swimmers who have swum in the league or graded galas are eligible for entry in the Moors individual gala.
- The only exception to this is that all 8 year olds are eligible to swim provided that the swimmers has been a member of their club for at least 28 days.
- Swimmers who turn 9 between the day of the final and the day of the individual’s gala will be eligible for the competition.
- 8years, 25m all strokes, 100m IM please note any swimmer accepted must have been ratified by the relevant club coach for each event, should this be found not to have occurred the swimmer shall be disqualified from all events and invalidated from all presentations.
- 9/10 years, 25m all strokes, 100m IM,
- 11/12 years 50m all strokes, 100m IM,
- 13/14 years 50m all strokes, 100m IM,
- 15/16 years 50m all strokes, 100m IM,
- 17 years and over (Open) 50m all strokes, 100m IM,
- All events are HDW
- Presentations are for the top 3 in each age group
- Ages are as at 22nd October 2016
- Only members of the Moors Swim Squad can attend the gala
- This includes members of Eston, Guisborough, Northallerton, Stokesley, Saltburn and Thornaby swimming clubs
- Heats will be seeded according to submitted times
- Only those who have competed throughout the Moors League season are eligible to attend
- Session Length will be 30mins warm up time. 3.5 hours Session Length
- For safety reasons only swimmers who can perform an ASA competitive start may perform a shallow racing dive from the starting blocks.
- Anyone wishing to use photographic equipment within the pool area must register at the spectators’ desk beforehand
- Where possible, over-the-top starts will be used during the meet. Swimmers are requested to remain in the water until asked to leave the pool
- Any points not covered here will be at the discretion of the meet organisers
- Event order
|Event Number 1 – Boys 8/9/10 25m Freestyle|
|Event Number 2 – Girls 8/9/10 25m backstroke|
|Event Number 3 – Boys 11 years/Over 50m Breaststroke|
|Event Number 4 – Girls 11 years/Over 50m Butterfly|
|Event Number 5 – Boys 8/9/10 25m Breaststroke|
|Event Number 6 – Girls 8/9/10 25m Butterfly|
|Event Number 7 – Boys 11 years & Over 50m backstroke|
|Event Number 8 – Girls 11 years & Over 50m Freestyle|
|Event Number 9 – Boys 8/9/10 25m backstroke|
|Event Number 10 – Girls 8/9/10 25m Freestyle|
|Event Number 11 – Boys 11 years & Over 50m Butterfly|
|Event Number 12 – Girls 11 years & Over 50m Breaststroke|
|Event Number 13 -Boys 8/9/10 25m Butterfly|
|Event Number 14 – Girls 8/9/10 25m Breaststroke|
|Event Number 15 – Boys 11 years & Over 50m Freestyle|
|Event Number 16 – Girls 11 years & over 50m Backstroke|
|Event Number 17 – Boys 8 years & over 100m IM|
|Event Number 18 – Girls 8 years & over 100m IM|